Monday, May 13, 2013

The Better of the 2 New Black Flag Reunion Bands



Ladies and gents, FLAG....not to be confused with Greg Ginn's cobbled together version of Black Flag where he's the only member of the original band (which is a shame since he's the founding member and an amazing guitarist). But, this is I imagine more true to the original sound than Ginn's project, and contains more of the original members; I can safely say that I'm into this. In terms of energy and originality, Keith Morris and Dez Cadena were my favorite singers (and honestly the only Black Flag for me is Everything Went Black or First Four Years, though I like Henry Rollins as a person/character, just not a singer). Also, Chuck Dukowski is KILLIN IT in this video. Just goes to show, in some cases age really is just a number. This is what (in most cases) new music is lacking.

No comments: