Friday, May 16, 2014

X: The Unheard Music


You guys know about X right? The amazing, under-appreciated LA punk rock n' roll band with stoic front man John Doe (way cooler than Nick Cave for sure) and thrift store poet Exene Cervenka.
Well, I'd never seen this documentary about them before, which includes some incredible live performance footage. These guys could all actually play their instruments incredibly well, and had some insanely good lyrics to boot! I got into them in high school during my initial punk phase, but I never really appreciated them until I got a bit older; I think I bought the wrong album or something, which happened pretty frequently before the internet age ... Anyways, thanks to Youtube, I get to see this awesome relic of a film about a specific time and place in musical history, and you do too. YOU'RE WELCOME!

No comments: